OA Library

Conversion of Mansion and Grounds at Luton Hoo The New Garden Wing, Hyde, Bedfordshire

Matthews, Bryan Conversion of Mansion and Grounds at Luton Hoo The New Garden Wing, Hyde, Bedfordshire. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
LUTH04_PdFA.pdf

3MB

Abstract

In February 2004 Oxford Archaeology (OA) carried out an archaeological watching brief at Luton Hoo, Bedfordshire during investigations and groundworks for a new garden wing. The work was commissioned by Clague Architects (Ltd) Kent. The watching brief monitored the machining of an access through an earthen embankment known as the 'dependency mound'. The mound is generally accepted to date from the late 18th century.

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Bedfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:1223
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:11 Sep 2013 11:53
Last Modified:11 Sep 2013 11:53

Repository Staff Only: item control page