OA Library

The Paddock, Church Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire

Mudd, Andrew The Paddock, Church Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
OWG.pdfa.pdf

880kB

Abstract

18 trenches (A-R) were dug by JCB using a 1.6m wide toothless bucket. An area of about 276 sq.m. was stripped down to natural gravel, representing a sample of about 6% of the total paddock. Only the south-east corner of the field was not investigated due to the presence of a foul sewer pipe, and trees hindered investigation to a minor degree in the central west part. A 12th century ditch, with evidence of iron working, runs almost due north before curving north-east in trench F, and appears to enclose the land to the east...

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Berkshire
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
ID Code:1252
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:08 Oct 2013 14:41
Last Modified:08 Oct 2013 14:41

Repository Staff Only: item control page