OA Library

SS Mary and Edburga Stratton Audley Oxfordshire

Forde, Deirdre SS Mary and Edburga Stratton Audley Oxfordshire. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
STMAED09.pdfA.pdf

1MB

Abstract

In September 2009, Oxford Archaeology was commissioned to investigate and record features exposed at St. Mary and St. Edburga church at Stratton Audley during clearance works inside the nave. The church is a stone building featuring a chancel, clerestoried nave, north and south aisles, north porch, and west tower as well as a sanctus bell-cote above the chancel arch. It is largely a 13th and 14th century structure with 15th century additions. The south wall of the south aisle features a 12th century doorway. The work carried out comprised of a rapid recording of features exposed by the recent clearance works at the church and a plan to show the partial medieval mortar flooring, outline burials, font and brick edging of exposed vaults. A report was then produced including the archaeological plan and a series of photographs

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
ID Code:1294
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:10 Dec 2013 14:57
Last Modified:10 Dec 2013 14:57

Repository Staff Only: item control page