OA Library

Excavation at St. Botolph's Churchyard, Cambridge

Lyons, Thomas (2010) Excavation at St. Botolph's Churchyard, Cambridge. Project Report. Oxford Archaeological Unit Ltd. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
Report1171_LR.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike.

1MB

Abstract

On the 17th and 18th of February 2010 Oxford Archaeology East undertook the excavation of a small trench in advance of the laying of a sewer pipe through the churchyard of St. Botolph's Church, Cambridge on behalf of Corpus Christi College. The trench was located between the southern range of Corpus Christi College (New Court) and an existing drain immediately to the north of St. Botolph's Church, adjacent to the 1924 extension. The only deposit encountered was a dark and silty topsoil which contained several modern plastic artefacts which were not retained. No archaeological features nor evidence for any graves were observed.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Cambridgeshire
ID Code:1860
Deposited By: Chris Faine
Deposited On:03 Sep 2014 09:45
Last Modified:03 Sep 2014 09:45

Repository Staff Only: item control page