OA Library

A post-medieval ditch at Manor Court Road, Witchford, Cambridgeshire

Phillips, Tom (2012) A post-medieval ditch at Manor Court Road, Witchford, Cambridgeshire. Project Report. Oxford Archaeology Unit Ltd. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
WFDMCR12_Report_1337_LR2.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike.

710kB

Abstract

On the 20th February 2012 Oxford Archaeology East conducted an evaluation on land to the north of 7 Manor Court Road, Witchford, Ely, Cambridgeshire. The site is located within the historic core of Witchford village, close to the 13th century church of St. Andrew. Three trenches, each measuring 10m in length, were machine excavated within an area measuring approximately 35m x 25m. The only significant archaeological feature encountered was a post-medieval ditch in Trench 3, orientated north-north-east to south-south-west. The ditch represents a small boundary which can be seen on the First Edition Ordnance Survey map, where it encloses a small building, adjacent to a track which is now Manor Court Road.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Cambridgeshire
Period > UK Periods > Modern 1901 - present
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:2010
Deposited By: Chris Faine
Deposited On:29 Sep 2014 13:12
Last Modified:29 Sep 2014 13:12

Repository Staff Only: item control page