OA Library

Church of St Mary-le-More, Wallingford, Oxfordshire

Mumford, James (2010) Church of St Mary-le-More, Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Project Report. Oxford Archaeological Unit Ltd. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
WALMOM09_whole_rep1.pdfA.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike.

4MB
[img]
Preview
PDF
WALMOM09 Wallingford St Mary le More_A1b.pdf

4MB

Abstract

From June to December 2009 Oxford Archaeology (OA) carried out an archaeological watching brief at St Mary-le-More, Wallingford, Oxford (NGR SU 6071 8933). The work was commissioned by JBKS Architects and the St Mary's Renewal Campaign in advance of the installation of new underfloor heating. The watching brief revealed the south wall of the medieval church, seven internal brick lined vaults and a late 19th-century heating system. An eighth vault and part of a boundary wall was revealed in works to the north of the church.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects:Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
ID Code:210
Deposited By: Joseph Reeves
Deposited On:29 Sep 2010 12:07
Last Modified:22 Aug 2014 10:06

Repository Staff Only: item control page