OA Library

De Montalt Mill Combe Down Bath

Davenport, Peter De Montalt Mill Combe Down Bath. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
BADEMMBS_complete_report.pdf

3MB
[img]
Preview
PDF
BAMASEV.pdf

1MB
[img]
Preview
PDF
BAMASwb.pdf.pdf

1MB

Abstract

De Montalt Mill is a complex of buildings, some roofed, some demolished, some in intermediate states of repair, located on the southern edge of Combe Down village c.3 kilometres to the south of Bath city (NGR: ST 7622 6200, centred). The mill was built in 1804-5 as a water-powered paper mill and steam power was added in 1808. The mill ceased paper production in 1841. In October 2005, Oxford Archaeology (OA) carried out an archaeological evaluation, for Classico-Rural Ltd. A staged programme of building recording for the standing buildings that are grade IIlisted was carried out in parallel.

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Bath and North East Somerset
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:2602
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:13 Oct 2015 11:12
Last Modified:13 Oct 2015 11:15

Repository Staff Only: item control page