OA Library

Burnley Campus (Barden High School), Heald Road, Burnley, Lancashire Archaeological Building Recording Survey

Taylor, Karl and Mercer, Emily (2010) Burnley Campus (Barden High School), Heald Road, Burnley, Lancashire Archaeological Building Recording Survey. Project Report. OA North. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
BurnleyCampusFullReportFlat.pdf

9MB

Abstract

The only day school in the early nineteenth century in Burnley was a grammar school. In 1828, a Natinal School was established by St Peter's Churchm and by 1850 a further six Angliscan and National Society schools had been established. Many other schools were opened by religious institutions and, by 1855, Burnley was considered to be the best provided town in Lancashire for schools. By 1871, there were nin elementary schools under the control of the church, as well as others under the control of other denominations.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Lancashire
Period > UK Periods > Modern 1901 - present
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:277
Deposited By: Watson
Deposited On:30 Jul 2010 09:26
Last Modified:29 Nov 2018 09:59

Repository Staff Only: item control page