OA Library

Land at Stukeley Road, Huntingdon

House, Jonathan (2008) Land at Stukeley Road, Huntingdon. Project Report. Oxford Archaeology Ltd., Bar Hill. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
report1038_lr.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike.

1MB

Abstract

The site lies adjacent to the Roman road Ermine Street, the line of which appears to have remained in use to the present day as Stukeley Road. The fieldwork took place in June 2008 and was carried out by CAM ARC (now Oxford Archaeology East). A total of four trenches were excavated. The archaeological evidence appears to represent the outer limits of 12th to 13th century Huntingdon, the archaeological remains being concentrated in the part of the site adjacent to the road.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Uncontrolled Keywords:archaeological evaluation, cambridgeshire, huntingdonshire, huntingdon, ermine street, medieval, pottery, animal remains, CAM ARC
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Cambridgeshire
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
ID Code:2781
Deposited By: Chris Faine
Deposited On:30 Mar 2016 07:16
Last Modified:30 Mar 2016 07:16

Repository Staff Only: item control page