OA Library

New Library Facility, St. Hilda's College, Oxford

Wheeler, R (2003) New Library Facility, St. Hilda's College, Oxford. Project Report. OASouth. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
OXSTHI03.pdfA.pdf

1MB

Abstract

Oxford Archaeology (OA) was commissioned to carry out a historic building photographic record of the east boundary wall in front of the library. This wall was built as the east boundary to Cowley House, on the site of earlier tenement frontages. It is constructed of limestone ashlar blocks on the east side, and red brick on the west side. The library wall was identified as having historic potential, due to its location. The wall is going to be taken down and rebuilt as part of the new library extension works. Photographs of both sides of the wall were required to create an archive showing its current position and condition and to aid the rebuilding work after the library extension is complete.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:283
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:13 Aug 2010 11:51
Last Modified:22 Dec 2011 14:32

Repository Staff Only: item control page