OA Library

Church of Holy Cross and St. Mary, Quainton, Buckinghamshire Archaeological Watching Brief Report

Bingham, Annie Church of Holy Cross and St. Mary, Quainton, Buckinghamshire Archaeological Watching Brief Report. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
QUCHSM04_Pdfa.pdf

7MB

Abstract

In June 2004 Oxford Archaeology (OA) carried out an archaeological watching brief, and subsequently an excavation, at the Church of Holy Cross and St. Mary, Quainton, Buckinghamshire (NGR SP 749 201) The work was commissioned by Architects Design Partnership LLP on behalf of the Parochial Church Council in advance of the construction of a new north porch with a WC. The watching brief revealed a post-medieval brick-lined shaft grave and gravestone, twenty-fives graves and an assemblage of pottery mostly of Saxo-Norman or medieval date. The remains of six mostly complete skeletons were exhumed for osteological analysis

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Buckinghamshire
Period > UK Periods > Early Medieval 410 - 1066 AD
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
ID Code:3051
Deposited By: Mr Nicholas Swift
Deposited On:24 Nov 2016 09:57
Last Modified:24 Nov 2016 09:57

Repository Staff Only: item control page