OA Library

Bulstrode Park Gerrards Cross

Sims, Mike Bulstrode Park Gerrards Cross. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
GCBPDW06.pdf

4MB

Abstract

Between June and August 2006 Oxford Archaeology (OA) carried out an archaeological watching brief within the grounds of Bulstrode House, Bulstrode Park, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire (NGR: SU 9860 8835). The work was commissioned by WEC International in advance of the excavation of drainage runs and the installation of underground water storage tanks. The watching brief revealed deposits relating to the 19th century demolition of the west wing and a secondary building to the southwest of the Pigeon Tower, and the 19th century remodelling of the formal gardens. No evidence for the extent or form of any of the earlier phases of the house was encountered

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Buckinghamshire
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:3230
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:09 Jun 2017 14:59
Last Modified:09 Jun 2017 14:59

Repository Staff Only: item control page