OA Library

The Old Vicarage 2 Church Close East Hagbourne Oxfordshire

Bashford, Robin The Old Vicarage 2 Church Close East Hagbourne Oxfordshire. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
EAHAGV14.pdf

1MB

Abstract

In March 2014 Oxford Archaeology were commissioned by Sarah Maitland Parks to undertake an archaeological watching brief during the excavation of footings for the rebuilding of a boundary wall at The Old Vicarage, 2 Church Close, East Hagbourne, Oxfordshire (SU 52571 88266). The watching brief revealed a probable pit which produced post-medieval finds and an undated north-south aligned linear feature adjacent to an existing property boundary. The diffuse western edge of this feature may have indicated a hedge-line with the more well defined eastern edge representing an adjacent ditch. The overlying deposits reflected the use of Vicarage garden and comprised a buried soil horizon beneath a very humic deposit of varying thickness which is likely to represent an imported topsoil.

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:3507
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:12 Mar 2018 11:50
Last Modified:12 Mar 2018 11:50

Repository Staff Only: item control page