OA Library

Dove House, Cassington, Oxfordshire

Hughes, Vix Dove House, Cassington, Oxfordshire. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
CASSDO14.pdf

3MB

Abstract

Oxford Archaeology (OA) was commissioned by PCA Architects to undertake a watching brief of the site of a proposed extension to an existing residential property (Dove House), centred on NGR SP 4554 1058. The work was undertaken on 14th August 2014. The work revealed the foundations of the current building and boundary wall, and a series of deposits which had been used to level the area. The small assemblage of artefacts recovered dates from the 16th century onwards. The original topography seen in the underlying gravels demonstrated a steeper original gradient, sloping down from north to south, which had been levelled by the addition of several layers of soil. No evidence of medieval settlement or associated features were uncovered during the watching brief.

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:3517
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:27 Mar 2018 15:28
Last Modified:27 Mar 2018 15:28

Repository Staff Only: item control page