OA Library

Excavations at The Paddock Rectory Lane Fringford 1997 OAU Occasional Paper Number 6

Blinkhorn, Paul and Bloor, Chrissy and Thomason, David (2000) Excavations at The Paddock Rectory Lane Fringford 1997 OAU Occasional Paper Number 6. Project Report. OAU.

[img]
Preview
PDF
FRPAD97_OAU_Occasional_Paper_No.6.pdfA.pdf

6MB

Abstract

Excavations by the Oxford archaeological Unit on a site of proposed development in the core of the village of Fringford, Oxon revealed evidence of medieval occupation in the form of 11th / 12th century enclosures and field boundaries, and 13th century stone buildings and associated yards, ditches and pits. Evidence was also revealed of Romano-?British field boundaries relating to a possible settlement to the north-east.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Roman 43 - 410 AD
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
ID Code:354
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:27 Oct 2010 14:20
Last Modified:22 Dec 2011 14:34

Repository Staff Only: item control page