OA Library

St. Andrew's Church, Headingdon, Oxfordshire

Hiller, J St. Andrew's Church, Headingdon, Oxfordshire. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
OXHESA97.pdf

2MB

Abstract

Building work at St. Andrews Church, Headington was monitored by the Oxford Archaeological Unit during an extended watching brief in 1997. Graveyard soil including disarticulated human bones was observed in a number of foundation pits. Three brick vaults of 18th or 19th century date and the foundations of the 19th century north aisle were recorded. Residual medieval pottery was from some of the churchyard soil horizons.

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:3678
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:04 Jun 2018 08:49
Last Modified:04 Jun 2018 08:49

Repository Staff Only: item control page