OA Library

The Church of St Mary and St Nicholas, Chetwode, Buckinghamshire

Dalton, John The Church of St Mary and St Nicholas, Chetwode, Buckinghamshire. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
CHETMN98.pdf

1MB

Abstract

In May 1998 the OAU undertook a watching brief at the Church of St Mary and St Nicholas, Chetwode, Buckinghamshire (NGR SP 6405 2983). No buried archaeology was seen. The removal of Tudor wooden panelling from the chapel walls revealed a possibly medieval double-niched piscina, diagonally opposite two blocked doorways.

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Buckinghamshire
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
ID Code:3721
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:06 Jun 2018 08:41
Last Modified:06 Jun 2018 08:41

Repository Staff Only: item control page