OA Library

All Saints Church, High Wycombe

Boyle, Angela and Ford, Alan All Saints Church, High Wycombe. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
HWAS98.pdf

1MB
[img]
Preview
PDF
HWAS98_WatchingBrief.pdf

3MB

Abstract

The OAU carried out a recording action in February 1998 on a burial vault located in the churchyard of All Saints Church, High Wycombe on behalf of Sir William Halcrow and Partners Ltd in respect of a faculty for landscaping of the churchyard and a brief set by, and a WSI agreed with, the County Archaeologist. The existence of the vault was unknown prior to the excavation of a trench for a new wall to be located adjacent to a new driveway in the northern area of the churchyard. It was not possible due to health and safety restrictions to gain entry into the vault, therefore recording was carried out from the exterior. The vault contained two triple-shelled wood and lead coffins with textile covering and is believed to date to the mid 19th century. The OAU also carried out a watching brief in April 1998. Two trenches were excavated, revealing a small stretch of wall of uncertain date, probably post-medieval.

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Buckinghamshire
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:3738
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:06 Jun 2018 13:32
Last Modified:06 Jun 2018 15:04

Repository Staff Only: item control page