OA Library

The Parsonage, Abbots Ripton

Kemp, Steve The Parsonage, Abbots Ripton. [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
CCCAFU_Report79.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike.

18MB

Abstract

Following the submission of proposals for housing development within the village of Abbots Ripton, archaeological work was carried out by Cambridgeshire Archaeology, the County Councils archaeological field service during November 1992. Evaluation areas lie on the north-western fringes of the village of Abbots Ripton in the vicinity of Rectory Farm and St. Andrews church. Three fields were assessed; these lay to the north, north-west and east of the present church. Historical researchers recognised the presence of a post-medieval parsonage located in the south-east corner of Site 1. The Archaeological evaluation showed that the site was heavily disturbed by demolition and robbing activities which are presumably related to the construction of the late 19th century rectory The assessment suggests that this area may be important in understanding the present layout of the village and may provide information concerning the social framework.

Item Type:Client Report
Uncontrolled Keywords:Post-medieval, Abbots Ripton, The Parsonage, Cambridgeshire, archaeological evaluation, rectory, rectory farm, st andrews church, medieval parsonage, post-medieval, post medieval, medieval
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Cambridgeshire
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:4055
Deposited By: Archives
Deposited On:07 Aug 2018 14:43
Last Modified:07 Aug 2018 14:43

Repository Staff Only: item control page