OA Library

Hampton Court Palace, Georgian House

Cook, Ian (2008) Hampton Court Palace, Georgian House. Project Report. Oxford Archaeological Unit Ltd. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
HCP59.pdfA.pdf

1MB

Abstract

Between the 14th January 2008 and 5th February 2008 Oxford Archaeology (OA) carried out an archaeological watching brief at Hampton Court Palace. A single trench 50 m in length and 0.58 m wide was excavated along part of Tennis Court Lane. The work was commissioned by Historic Royal Palaces in advance of the installation of a new electrical supply cable to the Georgian House. The watching brief revealed demolition layers of brick fragments and tile. No archaeological features were encountered. The demolition layers were probably a bedding/levelling layer for an old road surface along Tennis Court Lane.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects:Period > UK Periods > Modern 1901 - present
Geographical Areas > English Counties > Greater London
ID Code:453
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:18 Jan 2011 13:20
Last Modified:22 Dec 2011 14:39

Repository Staff Only: item control page