OA Library

Witney The Weavers (phase 2)

Campbell, G and Durham, Brian Witney The Weavers (phase 2). [Client Report] (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
WTW90.pdfA.pdf

3MB
[img]
Preview
PDF
WTW92_phase_3.pdfA.pdf

2MB

Abstract

In early September 1990 the Oxford Archaeological Unit carried out an assessment of the archaeological deposits on the site of The Weavers development, Witney, Oxon., in advance of the construction of Phase 2 by Tarmac Provincial Properties PLC. The site lies SE of the town centre and is bounded on the N by Farm Mill Lane, on the W by the Mount House grounds, and on the E by a ditch roughly parallel to the river Wind¡ush (FiC. 1). Phase 1 was under construction at the time of this assessment, and Phase 2 will be constructed in the eastern portion of this site. The assessment revealed aspects of the medieval moat. In June 1992 a field evaluation was carried out at the development site of The Weavers development, Witney on behalf of Tarmac Provincial Properties Ltd. There was one area with archaeological remains immediatley to the S. of the Bishop's Palace site which is in the gorunds of Mount house.

Item Type:Client Report
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Medieval 1066 - 1540 AD
ID Code:650
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:26 Jul 2011 15:01
Last Modified:22 Dec 2011 14:54

Repository Staff Only: item control page