OA Library

All Saints Church, High Wycombe

Woodley, Mark (2011) All Saints Church, High Wycombe. Project Report. Oxford Archaeological Unit Ltd. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
HIYASN10.pdfA.pdf

2MB

Abstract

During September and October 2010 Oxford Archaeology (OA) carried out an archaeological watching brief at All Saints Church, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire (NGR SU 86571 93089). The work was commissioned by JBKS Architects on behalf of All Saints Church PCC in advance of the installation of new toilets and kitchens. The watching brief revealed three internal brick-lined vaults of post-medieval date. The vaults contained triple-shelled wood and lead coffins. Small assemblages of disarticulated human remains, medieval tile, metalwork, animal bone and shell were recovered. The bulk of the material was redeposited, probably during restoration work in the 19th century. The exception to this were three damaged and poorly preserved medieval floor tiles.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Buckinghamshire
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:669
Deposited By: Scott
Deposited On:30 Aug 2011 13:02
Last Modified:06 Jan 2012 14:32

Repository Staff Only: item control page