OA Library

New Boundary Wall, St Mary's Church Banbury,Oxfordshire

Sims, Mike (2008) New Boundary Wall, St Mary's Church Banbury,Oxfordshire. Project Report. Oxford Archaeological Unit Ltd. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
BANSTM08.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial.

1MB

Abstract

In August 2008, Oxford Archaeology (OA) carried out an archaeological watching brief at St Mary’s Church, Banbury, Oxfordshire (NGR: SP 454 405). The work was commissioned by Cherwell District Council in advance of the reconstruction of a bowing boundary wall. The watching brief revealed several phases of churchyard soil deposits, an 19th-century brick built vault and 2 articulated burials probably dating to the 17thcentury. No earlier deposits or features were observed.

Item Type:Monograph (Project Report)
Subjects:Geographical Areas > English Counties > Oxfordshire
Period > UK Periods > Post Medieval 1540 - 1901 AD
ID Code:67
Deposited By: Ms Susan Rawlings
Deposited On:16 Mar 2010 18:09
Last Modified:22 Dec 2011 14:22

Repository Staff Only: item control page